June was botanical challenge with the Urban Farm Handbook Challenge. This year, was my first year of having a small herb garden. Several herbs that I am growing are chamomile, stevia, parsley, two types of basil, two types of mint, and dill. I decided for the challenge, I was going to make a tea from fresh herbs from my garden. I used chamomile, stevia, mint and spearmint. I was unsure of how much to use of each of the plant, but I just used what I could spare. The plants are still fairly small. Then I brewed it in hot water. Well, I brewed it way too long! lol!! It was so weak looking, so I kept brewing it. lol!!! I also made the mistake of adding some liquid stevia, since I didn't add much of the leaves. That made the stevia too strong. I think it would have been better with just the stevia leaves. I plan to try this again soon, but next time limit the brew time to 5-7 minutes no matter how weak it looks and leave out the liquid stevia.
For more Urban Farm Handbook Challenges, go to this blog post.