Monday, July 9, 2012

Herbal Tea




UFH 
 

June was botanical challenge with the Urban Farm Handbook Challenge.  This year, was my first year of having a small herb garden.  Several herbs that I am growing are chamomile, stevia, parsley, two types of basil, two types of mint, and dill.  I decided for the challenge, I was going to make a tea from fresh herbs from my garden.  I used chamomile, stevia, mint and spearmint.  I was unsure of how much to use of each of the plant, but I just used what I could spare.  The plants are still fairly small.  Then I brewed it in hot water.  Well, I brewed it way too long! lol!!  It was so weak looking, so I kept brewing it. lol!!!  I also made the mistake of adding some liquid stevia, since I didn't add much of the leaves.  That made the stevia too strong.  I think it would have been better with just the stevia leaves.  I plan to try this again soon, but next time limit the brew time to 5-7 minutes no matter how weak it looks and leave out the liquid stevia. 

For more Urban Farm Handbook Challenges, go to this blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Good luck with you recipe development!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won the herbs from mountain rose!! Email me at annette cottrell at yahoo and let's get them to you!!

    ReplyDelete