Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dandelion Cookies



Well, it is time for my wrap-up for May's Urban Farm Challenge.  This month it was on foraging. Honestly, I don't do a lot of foraging and this is really out of my comfort zone, but I wanted to do the challenge. :)  I harvested dandelion buds from my yard.  We have a ton of them.  I put some on my salad one day and it was really good.  I just put the yellow petals. And then I made dandelion cookies.  I wasn't crazy about them.  My oldest son liked them and one of my friends, but my little guy and husband did not.  I think I will try them again in the future, but use more sweetener like maybe some coconut sugar.  They just weren't sweet enough and were kinda bland.  My oldest son also suggested adding some raisins and I think that may help them be more tasty to us. 

Well, if you want to join the Urban Farm Challenge, then go on over to Sustainable Eats blog.

2 comments:

  1. Well done for trying, this challenge was definitely out of my comfort zone! I didn't think to eat the dandelion flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really creative idea - I wonder if using them mainly as a coloring agent and not as the main flavor would work too. They are such a pretty yellow. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete